Monday 4 March 2013

My Site is not available for Public users by default


I recently created couple of environments on SharePoint 2013 as Dev and Proof of Concept. After provisioning a dedicated web app and My Site Host as the root site collection, configuring User Profile Service App I couldn’t find my site options available.



On a further look at the settings of My Site found that it’s private by default and you will have to select the option Make My Site Public i.e.
 
Navigate to User Profile Service App
Under My Site Settings, Click on My Site Setup
Scroll down to the end of the page; Select the Make My Site Public
Click Ok

Now open a new instance of the Browser, navigate to your site and you will be able to see My Site options available i.e. Sites, News feed, Sky Drive

 

No comments:

Post a Comment